Comprehensive safety services,
from engineering studies to mitigation techniques
An Arc Flash is a fatality
waiting to happen. Don’t let it.
An arc flash is the sudden release of energy caused by an electric arc. Not only can it result in equipment loss and downtime, it is also one of the leading causes of workplace injury and death.
Any company with an electrical system—from large utilities or local hospitals—needs to be aware of potential arc flash hazards and how to address them.
Arc Flash risk assessment
CE Power can perform a comprehensive arc flash risk assessment to properly identify hazards, help determine flash protection boundaries, approach distances, incident arc energy, and required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Assessments include:
• Gathering data on electrical distribution systems
• Compiling results of complex calculations
• Accurate system impedance diagram
• Short-circuit study
• Protective-device coordination
• Determination of incident energy
• Recommendations and budget for arc flash mitigation solutions
• Updated one-line diagram
• Customized equipment labels
• Employee training
Our cost-effective strategies include reducing fault-current levels or fault duration, increasing working distance, or installing arc-resistant equipment.
• Remote racking and operation
• Current limiting reactors
• Current-limiting fuses
• System coordination changes
• Upgrade to modern trip units
• Differential protection
• Arc-detection relays
CE Power is a NETA-accredited provider of arc flash risk assessments and mitigation techniques. With 45 years of expertise and a stellar reputation among our clients, we can help you implement solutions to match your needs and budget.
In a second, an arc flash can release a deadly amount of energy, vaporizing metal and blasting super-heated shrapnel outward with explosive force.
Call us for more information or for a complimentary seminar on the benefits of arc-flash awareness. We’re here 24/7.